Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Technically Homeless But Never Without A Home

*Everything going smoothly with the moving company who came to get all my stuff.  They luckily started earlier in the day than originally planned so I didn't have to worry as much about them finishing in time.
 
*Staying at Tara's.  After I became homeless and carless Tara came to pick me up and I stayed at her apartment in the spare bedroom for 2 nights.  It was extremely relieving to not be moving out and flying out on the same day.  I had been so busy getting ready for the movers I hadn't really had any time to hang out with friends, but staying with Tara provided a lot of that precious time.  I may have technically been homeless, but it never felt like it, and I know I always have a "home" with some UCMers whenever I need it.  Thanks Tara!!!!
 
*Staying at Andrew's.  After Tara's parents came into town, I switched over to Andrew's apartment for the remaining nights.  I excited Zeke too much a couple of the mornings, but it was a lot of fun to spend pretty much all the time Andrew wasn't in class with him and Zeke, and with Zeke while Andrew was in class.
 
*Tara's bday celebration.  Tara's dad cooked burgers that were quite yummy, just like last year.  And a bunch of us hung out, and then went to see....
 
*The Bourne Ultimatum.  We saw it on opening Friday in the evening.  The movie was really good, and very exciting.  Even though we were sitting practically in the front row, it was a great movie, regardless of how different it was from the books.  I definitely want to buy the box set of 3 Bourne movies!
 
*Andrew's Wii.  Andrew got a Wii while I was staying with him, and we had fun playing it most of one of the days.  I didn't think I would like it as much as I did, and I made a Mii character to leave on his Wii long after I'm gone.
 
*Tara and Andrew both taking me to the airport on Tara's Bday.  I was glad they both were there to say bye at the airport and I will miss them both a lot!!!

No comments: