Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Virginia

*Safe flights to Virginia.  They were mostly on time.  The Atlanta arrival made us circle and almost divert to another airport but we waited a while and finally landed pretty close to the original scheduled time because we were previously early.  The Newport News landing was very slow in the pouring rain and for a minute I thought we might not stop in time but after a few extremely noise full reverse engine maneuvers, we turned right before the end of the runway
 
*Staying with Kevin Earle.  I got in pretty late (11pm) and spent the night with Kevin Earle at his new townhouse.  I was grateful to not have to stay in a hotel or my car, and it was good to see him again.
 
*Driving a mustang.  I got a red mustang from the rental company and drove it for a day then made a reservation for a cheaper economy car and took it in to trade it, only to find out that the mustang is the cheapest they have so they gave me a new BLUE mustang as my new economy car!  It is an awesome car and fun to drive.
 
*Making arrangements with Adam to meet him in Williamsburg on Saturday to see the colonial parts of town!  I haven't seen Adam since I moved out of VT, and I also wanted to be a tourist in Williamsburg with someone sometime so this will be fun and exciting.
 
*Getting my new apartment keys without a glitch.  Everything was in order and it was all taken care of quickly, and I got to see my new apartment.  It is really nice with a vaulted ceiling and nice balcony.  I took a lot of pictures and will make a website from it sometime.
 
*Shopping.  I've been doing a lot of shopping for all sorts of things I need, from trash cans to lamps and a couch and loveseat.  I just picked out the couch and loveseat and it will be here in a few days!  I'm excited about being able to afford some of these things even if I am getting the cheapest ones I can find.  I have managed to finish most of my shopping in a little over 36 hours of "moving in".
 
*Chic-fil-a.  Eating at a Chic-fil-a for the second time in many many years since it wasn't ever convenient.  The first time was when I was staying with either Tara or Andrew, and now I've also eaten there 3 times (Mon and Tues) since moving to VA.  I discovered that they have buffalo sauce and it is excellent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. You would be the one to discover that they have buffalo sauce!! I'm going to miss all your ranch and buffalo sauce and salsa stuff!!