Thursday, July 24, 2008

Doing whatever I want

* Playing ultimate in the pouring rain. I pulled up to the field
expecting maybe 1 or 2 other crazy people to show up and everyone to
decide that the storm was too bad and go home, but instead we ended up
with 6 on 6 from 5:30 to 6:45! We were all absolutely soaked and the
wind would occasionally take the disc and do whatever it felt like,
but it was fun and gave us something to blame some really bad throws
on. It was one of those things that most people would have called us
crazy for (especially due to all the thunder), but like playing soccer
on the flooded drillfield at night in the cold, its one of those
things you just gotta let loose and do once in a while.

* Getting a chance to do something at work just because I felt like it
and not because I was overloaded or scraping for stuff to do. It was
the development of a "nifty" sort of feature for a little down the
road and wasn't critical but I really wanted to figure out how to do
it and didn't have anything else pressing at the time.

* Sleeping in til 7:50 and still making it to work by 8:30 without much rushing.

* Getting my computer back to the way I wanted it minus copying the
files over. It took some odd manipulating and some help from online
freeware developers, but it worked....hopefully nothing will crash on
it for a couple months!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I totally would have played in the rain. It would make it even better! Glad you had fun and I hope you don't catch a cold from it! Lol.