Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Shootings



Yesterday a set of horrific shootings took place at Virginia Tech, both in a dorm and in a classroom with the death toll at 33, and even more injured. Every hokie, past and present, has felt its effects and I will keep all those affected in my prayers. At this point I do not personally know any of the victims, but the road to recovery will be a long one.

They say every cloud has a silver lining, so I hope to point out a few things that may qualify as such
*Being suddenly in touch with friends I had not had the opportunity to speak with in days, months, or even years

*Feeling the love and support of all who know me both in Aggieland and around the country

*Finding out that the company I want to work for has a good chance of hiring someone starting in the summer

No comments: