Thursday, June 7, 2007

Accomplishments - Academic, Instructive, & Personal

*Very promising experimental results.  I ran my first set of test runs to see if I was even close to having anything that works, only to find that I got answers from 2 different runs within 6/30000!  That's extremely close, and actually closer than I ever expected the results to be since there should naturally be some error %.
 
*Teaching Xiaoli "R", "L", and "N", or at least trying to.  I spent about an hour today trying to teach Xiaoli how to do those sounds so she could say things like "Wellborn" without it sounding more like "Wenbo"(a guy in the department).  We were confused as to what road she was talking about and started teaching her sounds that require the tongue at the top of the mouth after that.  It was fun and I felt helpful and she was grateful even if we didn't succeed.
 
*Being back in College Station for a week an only eating out once.  I had gotten really horrible about eating out a large number of times per week, and finally got it down to once in a week for the first time in a long long time.  I hope to keep it this way so it was good to meet my goal.

No comments: