Tuesday, June 12, 2007

VBS

*Vacation Bible School has begun and it is a lot of fun.  I am working registration by myself and then helping out with recreation each day.  It is quite chaotic filling out forms and distributing 60 or so nametags in about 15 min as people are coming in, but its still fun.  The kids are so happy at rec and really get into the simple games that we think up so that they can learn their "spy" techniques and memorize their bible verse.
 
*Free Food.  VBS is providing free dinner each day for all of the workers, its like a college student dream
 
*PYCC.  I have been invited to be a sponsor for the Presbyterian Youth Connection Conference in July by some of the people at VBS.  I don't know that I will be able to get away for a week in July but it would be an amazing experience(and free!).  They may bend the driving age rule for me since they know me and want an extra driver, and I've been driving undergrads and others around for UCM and SEI.  I had been thinking a couple days ago that I needed some form of experience, but didn't know what kind, and this one just kinda fell into my lap a couple days later.  I think it might be feasible if I really work hard, and it seems based on the timing that that might be exactly what I'm supposed to do.

No comments: