Sunday, May 6, 2007

Surprise visit

*Getting a surprise phone call from Becky saying that she was going to be coming up to College Station for the night.  She was going to a big swing dance with a bunch of her swing dance friends and I met up with her at Denny's at 1am.  We got to chat and catch up since we hadn't really seen each other in a semester.  Its always great to be able to see old friends again.  I'm glad I wasn't too busy or out of town for the weekend.
 
*Letting 4 people (Becky and 3 I never met) crash in my main room overnight.  The new people are nice and were cool to talk to during dinner.  I don't think I've ever had this many people sleeping in my apartment.  I think the previous record was only 2 others, and Jeremy may not have even been here those nights (hurricane)
 
*Soccer Saturday.  9 people turned out for soccer Saturday.  It was a good day to play soccer since it was a bit windy, which helped with the heat and humidity.  We had 7 people who wanted to play so we had 2 teams of 3 and one substitute.  We played for about an hour and a half which was longer than expected.  It took a while to find a decent place to play but we eventually found one that works and the Frisbee people were nice enough not to hit us.

No comments: